Friday, March 11, 2011

Coats Construction - The Set Up



I'm aware that I went a little overboard, but I love how everything turned out and everyone had so much fun. The theme was construction... trucks, tools, building stuff. The colors were orange, yellow, and black.

I found tons of cute ideas to go along with the construction theme, and I had lots of people helping me make those ideas come to life. Jamie and I stayed up way too late, way too many nights. And we even had Jason and Marc snipping threads one night after the boys were in bed.

Jason and I went to Dallas for the Cotton Bowl and came back the morning of the party. I enlisted the help of Jenny, Rock, Lara, Megan and Ryan to get everything set up. There is no way I would have gotten it together with out their help.



Everyone got a custom made (by Jamie) tool belt... filled with tools (crayons).



And a personalized hard hat.







The food table...



Lara made the cake... it was amazing! Jenny made the "boulders"... those yummy oreo truffle things!



We had "wrecking balls" (clementines), "support beams" (pretzel rods), along with cheese balls, candy corn, lemon heads, carrot sticks and any other random food that matched my color scheme.



The company water bottles.



I wanted the party to be a fun free for all, so I set up different activity stations and the kids could go around and play whereever they wanted.

Wood and nails... styrofoam blocks and golf tees.



Coloring pages and construction puzzles.



Moving rocks with dump trucks. Jenny was in charge of drawing the road... she took it a little far and drew an entire town. She was quite proud of her work!



Building a house... coloring with their tools (crayons).



And brick construction. Ryan's mom still has these awesome blocks from when he was a kid. The boys played with them once when we were over for dinner, and they loved them. She was nice enough to let us borrow them for the party.



And a little parting gift after all of that hard work. There was a package of tool shaped gummy snacks, a construction activity book, a tool squirt toy, and other stuff that I can't remember!



Now, we just need the kids!

1 comment:

Laura said...

That looks too cute! What awesome ideas.