Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sometimes My Crafty Ideas Actually Make It To Fruition!

I read several craft blogs and long to be the type of person who whips up a playhouse for their kids using nothing but cereal boxes, junk mail, and an old console TV found on the side of the road. I am so not that person, but I am quite proud of this idea.

We go though quite a bit of milk at our house, and I started saving the tops to the milk jugs a while back. I had quite the collection going. I made the boys a little activity to work on their gross motor skills, matching skills, and color identification.

Using Microsoft Publisher, I inserted a clip art image of a Christmas tree and then some filled in circles to look like ornaments. I printed two copies onto card stock and laminated them.



Kyle knew exactly what to do. Kase caught on, but wasn't in the mood to sit still at the time.







I have dozens more milk jug lids so I need to think of more projects to make with them. Let me know if you have any ideas for me! Do you have a favorite craft blog?

1 comment:

Alyssa Mitchell said...

you could do this for easter with a Easter egg basket.