Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Pencil Picker Upper

I picked up some Halloween pencils at the Target One Spot to pass out on Halloween. (Don't worry, I got candy too. I didn't want to be known as the lady who hands out pencils instead of candy to Trick or Treaters.)

Anyway, when I got them home, I set them on top of the TV components that we try to keep safe by surrounding with the baby fence. Maybe not the smartest thing to do because the boys just wanted (and did get) inside the fence to get the pencils. I would find them spilled all over.

One day, Kyle asked me to hand him the little bucket of pencils. I gave them to him and he sat and played with them so nicely. He would fill up the bucket and them spill them out and do it all over again. I tried to get him to sort them into the different colors, and he did that for a while, but had more fun making a mess and picking them up again.





No comments: