Saturday, November 6, 2010

HOT Fair and Rodeo

We took the boys to the fair on Friday, October 8th. Jason and I left work a little early so that we could get home, scoop up the boys, and get to the fair with enough time to see everything. We were there from about 5pm to 7pm... the witching hours. We knew that one wrong move could send us all to Melt Down City.

As we entered the fairgrounds, the pig races were just starting so we sat down and watched for a while.





After the pig races, we walked toward the midway to check out the rides and see if the boys were able to ride any of them. When I saw the little train, I knew Kyle was about to go crazy. I crossed my fingers as they stood next to the sign indicating the height requirement. They were about two inches too short, and I was getting ready for a melt down. The woman operating this ride was watching us and informed us that if the boys rode together the height requirement would be waived. Pretty sure those weren't the rules, but whatever! Melt down averted.











They loved it! You can see Kyle saying "choo choo" in that last picture. Too cute! We bought enough tokens to ride the carousel too. I love roller coasters, slides, and rides of all kinds, but for some reason I was so relieved when that carousel stopped. I was with Kyle and this point and he wanted me to hold him rather than sit on the horse. Maybe that had something to do with it.



Next we went inside the ag barns to see the animals. This little set up was just asking for a photo op... major fail! I'm not sure what is up with Kyle's dear in the headlights look!



This nice man asked if the boys wanted to get close and pet the calf. I thought that as really sweet.





Our friends, Deborah and Asa, met up with in the ag barn. The three of them had a blast running around this pen of goats. The boys are about 6 months older than Asa, and it scares me to think of the trouble that those three are going to get into as they get older.







As you can see, this was a sunglasses day for Kase!



We stopped for some yummy fair food. The boys loved the funnel cake and french fries... big surprise!



On our way out we stopped by the display of tractors and other farm equipment. Pure bliss!



Family tractor picture. Don't we totally look like we know our way around a tractor!



Seriously, this kid had never been happier than this moment!









But all good things must come to an end. And our end was a loud one, full of flailing arms and legs. We had to peel the boys off the tractors while Kyle screamed "My truck, my truck" at the top of his lungs. So we had one melt down at the end, but I'd like to think it was worth all the fun the boys had.

No comments: