Friday, June 18, 2010

Things The Boys Like...

To play with blocks. We build tall towers and I tell them "don't knock it down." Kase loves to come knock it down and giggle. I call him Destructo-Kase. Kyle will put his hands up by his face and say "oh no!" And then we do it all over again.



To pull things out of the kitchen cabinets. Oh, how this annoys me! Once we decided to buy a new house, we didn't want to install cabinet locks on all of the cabinets. I'm counting down the days until we move. And I want locks on all of the cabinets before we even start moving in!



Kase can now reach into the top drawer if he stands on his tip toes. He will feel around in there until he can get his little paws on something to pull out. The other day I caught him sticking spoons in the crack between the dishwasher and the conter top. I know we've lost at least one spoon in there. Who knows what else!





Open gym time at Flips Gymnastics. Open gym time is always on Friday mornings when I work, so my Mom and sisters have taken the boys. They bring me back reports that they both love running around and crawling over/through/under things. There is no open gym during the summer so they have to wait until the fall to go again. Thanks for the cute picture, Mandi!



To color, especially Kyle. Both boys will color on the walls in the bathtub, and Kyle will sometimes ask to sit at the table and color. I'd like to kiss the person who invented washable crayons... genious! FYI... the chocolate milk in the picture... not a hit! Crazy!



The bathroom drawers. There is not much Kase doesn't like to get into, but he heads straight for the bathroom drawer anytime he has the chance. He always goes for the things with lids because he likes to take them off and put them back on.



Baths. Thank goodness the boys still like taking baths. Because our tub is old and impossible to get completely clean, the boys take baths in this inflatable tub insert. There isn't much room for them to move around when they are both in there. I have been telling them how they will love the tub in the new house.



Empty jars with lids. One of the bottom drawers in the kitchen used to hold plastic zip lock bags, foil and plastic wrap. After I got tired of having all of those items strung about the kitchen and dining room, I started keeping empty food containers in that drawer. I'll save the plastic tubs that butter and sour cream come in, wash them, and then throw them into that bottom drawer. Both boys like pulling the lids on and off.



To show off. It is hilarious to get this one giggling. And once you laugh at him he will do whatever it takes to keep you laughing.



To push buttons. Why, oh why are buttons, switches, and pull strings so cool? I like how Kyle is using a toy to get even better position to push buttons on the tv. Lots of times Kyle will pull me by the hand over to a light switch and whine until I pick him up and let him flip the light switch on and off.



Hats. Kyle and Kase love to put hats on thier heads... and buckets... and bowls... and blankets... and dirty laundry that they pull out of our closet...



To watch Blue's Clues on our bed. I'm not sure why it is so much cooler to watch TV in our bedroom than in the living room, but whatever keeps them happy! They roll on to their tummies and shimmy down when they feel like moving on to the next thing.



Morning milk and cereal. They don't always lay like this in the mornings, but I thought it was funny. The milk it a must to get them to lay still so that I can change their diapers. Some mornings Kase will ask for a "nack" and I will put some cereal in a snack trap. They pull the lids off and sprinkle cereal across the living room only about half the time.



They keep me on my toes and they are always going, going, going, but I still really love this age. Its so cool to watch them grow into little people.

No comments: