Friday, May 28, 2010

Mother's Day

We spent the Saturday before Mother's Day with Jason's parents. The boys played outside in their backyard, and we grilled hamburgers. Jason's Mom keeps toys for the boys and also some of Jason's old toys in a closet in one of the bed rooms. The boys know exactly where it is and make a bee line for that closet as soon as we get in the front door.

When we got home Saturday night, the boys gave me their mother's day gift. I got a welcome mat for our new house, some beautiful flowers, and sweet cards.







We all went to church Sunday morning and then spent the rest of the day at my parent's house. Megan was in Austin the night before so she stopped by and spent the afternoon with us. And Jenny came over for a few hours before she had to go to work. My Mom was able to see all three of her daughters on Mother's Day. And I, of course, got to spend the day with these two as well!



Being a Mom to these two has got to be my favorite thing ever. It is also the most difficult and scariest! I had no idea that they would adore me the way they do. I am their favorite person in the world... just because I'm their Mom. I can make them feel better after a bump or a bruise... just because I'm their Mom. I can comfort them like no one else can... just because I'm their Mom. And I know it won't always be that way, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I just love these guys!

Only Jason knows how hard it is for me to admit this... but, in this picture I think Kase looks like Jason when he was little.





There, I admit it!

No comments: