Friday, February 19, 2010

Gotta Start Somewhere...

I feed the boys almost the exact same breakfast almost every morning because I'm usually tired and it doesn't require me to think! I found a good recipe for whole wheat pancakes that I like. You mix up the dry ingredients ahead of time so they are really quick and easy to make. I usually make a week's worth on Saturday or Sunday and freeze the extras. I spread a little applesauce on them instead of butter and syrup.

Along with a pancake, the boys share a container of yogurt and some applesauce. Recently they have been grabbing at the spoon while I feed them and wanting to try and feed themselves. On this morning, one day last week, we were not going to the gym after breakfast so I could give the boys a bath instead. So I decided to let them practice feeding themselves with their own bowl and spoon.

So far so good...





Kase gets really serious when he is working on something.



Things get a little messy...



Wrong end of the spoon there, Buddy!



And yogurt is in Kyle's hair... I can hear him say "oh" every time I see this picture.





At this point he was just sticking his hand in and licking the yogurt off his hand... like a little honey bear!







Lots of times at the table the boys will do silly things to make the other one laugh. I love this picture of Kase looking over at Kyle and laughing!



And FYI... they still wear Chirstmas pajamas... becuase they still fit...

1 comment:

Lara said...

I was going to comment about that on the previous post, but opted not to. Although it does "look" like Christmas outside! :)