Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Great Outdoors

I had the boys by myself one Sunday afternoon. I had grown very tired of trying to keep them entertained, and the whining was getting to me. So I put the boys' hoodies on (the heaviest jackets that they have... I'm trying to get through this winter without having to buy anything else) and we headed to the front yard to play.

That was the ticket! They laughed and giggled as they pushed their scooters all over the front yard for almost half an hour.







They haven't figured out how to go forward, but they can scoot backwards a little bit.



And then Kase found the flower(less) bed and had his first taste of dirt.











No harm done... he was quickly on to the next thing!



And just as the scooters and dirt were getting old, I brought out the tunnel!







Watching them play outside made me realize that they are turning into little boys. I'm excited to think of all the fun times we will have playing outside this summer, but I can't believe my babies aren't babies anymore! Everything is just so bitter sweet.

3 comments:

Mandi said...

You are such a good mom!! We all love being outside as well. Somehow it makes everything better :)

JHP said...

Looks like they had FUN!

Personally, I don't miss the baby stages. It has been too exciting to watch Harper turn into a little girl!

Liz said...

OMG - tunnels?!?! I would've totally loved to have tunnels when I was a small fry! And what adorable pictures!!!!