Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Trip to the Park

I feel like the boys are getting very bored with our house so I'm trying to get them out and about as much as possible. I took them to the Mayborn Museum for the first time Sunday afternoon. I think they enjoyed it, but they didn't want to leave my side to crawl around and explore things. We had just gotten back from our weekend in Fredriksburg so they were pretty clingy. I know they will love it, and we will be back often.

Tuesday night Jason meets some buddies for pizza, and I didn't feel like hanging around the house until bedtime. So I loaded the boys up as soon as I got home from work and took them to the park... after a quick stop at Chick Fil A for my dinner.

Here are the boys in their big boy car seats as we were waiting in the drive through line. We are doing a little law breaking because they are technically not supposed to face forward until they are 20 pounds AND a year old. They meet the weight requirement, but the age requirement is still more than a couple months away. I know, we are such rebels!



I parked as close as I could to the actual park and left the boys in the car for a minute while I spread out a blanket and sat down my dinner and their snacks. Then I grabbed them both and let them go wild. Thanks to a tip from a friend (Thanks, Mandi!) I knew that Poage Park had an area of play ground equipment with rubber pads on the ground instead of mulch. Mulch would end up in their mouths, and I would rather them snack on goldfish and cheerios!

They both liked climbing up on this thing, but I didn't get any pictures of them up on it. I needed both hands to keep them from falling off. While at the park, we met a Dad with twin girls. They were 2 1/2 years old. We talked about how different our kids were and how much fun it is to have twins.
This is the first time I let the boys get a little dirty. And let me tell you, it was tough! I'm going to have to get used to dirt with two boys. Baby steps!

Kase really liked the swing, but Kyle wanted out as soon as I put him in it. See, so different!
We all had a fun time at the park before heading home to feed the boys dinner and put them to bed. I love experiencing new things with them!

1 comment:

JHP said...

Tell me when y'all go to Poage Park again! We run by there a lot with HP!