Monday, October 19, 2009

Lemonade Out of Lemons

For some reason the boys were both up for the day around 5:30 this morning. And by 7 am they were CRAB. BY. So before they even got breakfast I put them back to bed. They slept for almost an hour and woke up in much better moods. But our schedule was off. I usually either take the boys for a jog or take them to the gym after breakfast and then shower and get ready during their morning nap. I knew I was going to have to forfeit my work out and take my shower early today. After the boys woke up they got their breakfast and I changed their diapers and clothes.

So by 9:30 we were all dressed up with no where to go. I called Jen and Harper and asked them to a double (triple?) date to the zoo. The weather was awesome. I love this time of year in Texas. The rain has finally stopped... the air was cool... the sun was warm... perfect!

We had a great trip to the zoo and finally got to meet the orangutans. Although, they seemed less than thrilled to meet us. We didn't even get a head nod. But, we got a good look at the tigers. Kase growled at them as they walked by.






The lion was laying right up next to the window. So close that we didn't even see him as we walked up. The boys started talking and the lion lifted his head up to see what all the ruckus was about. It was cool to see him up so close.


We also got a pretty good look at the giraffes.


After the zoo Jen and I enjoyed a delicious lunch at Schmalt's, while the little ones got stuck with cheerios and gold fish. I did let Kyle and Kase have a few tastes of my cheese soup.... mmmmm, so good! They loved it.

And when we got home I gave Kyle his first sample of whole milk. He drank it right up. Kase was sleeping so I'll let him try it later tonight.

No comments: