Saturday, October 3, 2009

9 Months

I know this is really late, but this is the third time that I've written this blog. My first two attempts are floating around somewhere in the the Internet black hole. So much for auto save. Very annoying. So annoying that I got turned off to blogging for a week or so. But I'm back!

Kyle
Close to 21 pounds

It is next to impossible to weigh the boys on our baby scale at home. They don't sit still long enough. So I was only able to guess somewhere close to 21 pounds.

The boys did go to the doctor for their 9 month check up on Oct. 8th. So I have their more precise measurements.

20 lbs. 14 oz. (38th percentile)
30.5 inches long ( 95th percentile)




Kase
My guess using our scale: Closer to 20 pounds

At the doctor:
20 lbs. 11 oz. (37th percentile)
30.5 inches (95th percentile)




Yeah, this is the only group shot I got of them. I was trying to take naked baby pictures by myself the other morning and it became too dangerous with two babies in a chair and only one semi free hand to keep them from falling out.

Both boys are ON. THE. MOVE. I'm talking non stop movement. Just to give you a little example... I snapped these pictures of Kyle all in about 5 seconds.

























This way. That way. Giggle giggle. squeal. Oh, a shoe! Turn around. Stand up. Hug my bunny. Lay down. Bury my face. Sit up. Giggle giggle. That way. This way.... and it never stops!



Kyle got four teeth this month. Two on top, two on bottom, but he does not like to show them off. He will scream if you try to get in there and get a look.



Kase now has five teeth. Two on top, three on bottom. He has a big toothy grin so he is always showing his off. Kase has also picked up on Kyle's crawl. He is not quite as fast as Kyle yet, but he is up on all fours. Every once in a while I'll catch him army crawling. He will laugh when I ask him what he is doing on his belly.



Both boys are getting over a little cold. It is not bad at all, just a couple of runny noses really. The doctor saw some fluid in one of Kyle's ears. He told me to give him Benedryl 2 to 3 times a day to try to get the fluid to drain to avoid an ear infection. He wrote us a prescription for an antibiotic in case we needed it over the weekend. I thought that was nice. My sister, Jenny, the PA, actually checked both boys' ears a couple times over the past week. She had to buy her own ear-o-scope (the technical term, I'm sure) for school, but doesn't need it for work so it just stays at our house. I can't tell you how nice it is to have the peace of mind of knowing that the boys don't have ear infections. I have a feeling Jenny will save us from lots of unnecessary doctor visits in the future! So convenient!



The boys are nursing 4 times a day (5 am, 10 am, 3 pm, and 7pm) and eating solids three times a day (7 am, noon, and 6 pm). I'm going to start adding a little whole milk to their 3 pm bottle to try and get them used to milk. My goal is to have them weaned by Christmas... when we leave for our cruise! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Edison said...

SO proud of you for going a year with 2! That cruise will be the best trip ever with no BF!!!