Monday, June 15, 2009

You Don't Think I'm A Pushover, Do You?

One night last week, the boys were being really fussy. Jason and I looked at the clock at the same time and realized that we had over an hour to go until dinner time for the boys. So I decided to take the boys on a walk around the neighborhood while Jason grilled some chicken for dinner for us.

Both boys like going on walks, but Kase usually enjoys them more. He will sit and chill the entire time and sometimes Kyle will fuss or need his passy put back in a million times. On this trip Kyle was doing more than fussing. He was full on crying. I hadn't even made it half way around the block and I had to get him out and carry him. It was really hot and humid out and I was carrying a baby in one arm and pushing the other in the stroller with the other arm.

After a few minutes of that, I decided that I needed to stop at the house to get the baby carrier thing. So we took a couple more trips around the block with Kyle strapped to my chest and Kase in the stroller. We were quite the picture! And once Kyle stopped crying, Kase decided to take a little snooze in the stroller. Ah, happy babies!


And while that could be considered being a pushover, I'd like to think I'm just being a mom. Because, just like my Mom, I'll bend over back wards and walk through fire to make my babies happy!

1 comment:

JHP said...

Happy babies = happy mom!