Monday, June 1, 2009

The Outside Trick

In the five months that Jason and I have been parents we have learned many tricks to calm the boys down when they are fussy. Remember the bathroom? The outside trick is a great one. If one or both boys is crying simply walking outside with them will usually stop the crying. I even do it in the middle of the night when someone wakes us screaming. Last night you could find me standing in the front door way of our house bouncing up and down with Kyle at 1:20 am. Sometimes I wonder what the neighbors must think!

This morning our schedule got a little off because Kase slept until 7. They ate early, took their morning naps early, and woke up from those naps early. So the hour from 10am to 11 am when it was time to eat again was a doozy. I had two very squeaky babies. When I just have 10 or 15 minutes to get through I will just carry them both around outside, but my arms would not last for an entire hour. So I set up the bouncy seats outside. You can see neither baby is overly happy, but at least they weren't crying!



1 comment:

Lara said...

hahaha...they look like little old men out fishing on a Sunday afternoon! But you know I love a good sun hat!