Friday, June 12, 2009

Its 6am and the Boys Are Still Sleeping

So why am I awake?

Good question. I woke up at 4:30 because I had to pump. How unfair is that? The boys will finally sleep for more than 8 hours at a time, but I wake up because I have rocks strapped to my chest and it is too uncomfortable to sleep. So I pump for 10 minutes and then go back to bed.

Then Lola woke up at 5:30. She sleeps in the garage at night so that she doesn't wake us up by playing with her metal bowl on the concrete patio that is right outside our bed room window. Good plan, huh? This way she wakes me up with her barking from the garage. I got up to feed her and let her into the back yard.
So, I went back to bed after checking on the boys, but I just laid there. Sometimes I just can't turn my brain off. And now I'm blogging. Maybe I'll go ahead and get in the shower before the boys wake up.

Oh, I think I hear someone stirring! Is it weird that I'm excited for some company?

1 comment:

Lara said...

Yes, I definitely think you're weird, but not just because of this blog post. And you know I feel your pain about the brain not shutting off! I had about 2 weeks straight of waking up between 2 a.m. and 4 a.m. and never going back to sleep...I don't even have babies to blame! Just me!