Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New Things

The boys are getting so big and new things are happening everyday. Its a fun time at the Coats house.

Last weekend was the boy's first weekend out of town. We went to Fredricksburg for my friend, Deborah's, wedding. My parents went also and helped out a ton. The wedding was beautiful and the weekend was a lot of fun. They boys did great. They slept they entire drive there and back (three hours).

Another new thing that both boys have started... chewing on their fists. I think its so cute! And the good thing is they can never drop them!


A few weeks ago Jason asked if the boys were big enough to wear any of the Texas A&M garb that they received. Back then the answer was no, but a few days ago I mentioned to him that they might be able to fit into something now. I went into work on Tuesday to close the month and Jason stayed home with the boys. I wasn't too surprised when I got a text message with pictures of the boys wearing these outfits. Pretty stinkin' cute no matter what team you cheer for!




And my favorite new thing... They finally started noticing each other. They will see each other and smile. I love it! Soon they will be able to play with each other.



I've changed their schedule this week. The last feeding used to be at 8:30 and they would go to sleep right after, but getting to 8:30 was getting difficult. They would both be really crabby and you could tell that they were just sleepy. And sometimes it was hard to keep them awake long enough to eat. So I moved up the last feeding of the day to 8:00. It has seemed to help. Now we go three hours between each feeding. The new schedule is 5:00 am, 8:00 am, 11:00 am, 2:00 pm, 5:00 pm, and 8:00 pm. Kyle still does not want to sleep through the night. So he usually eats around 3:30 am also. And every once in a while Kase will join him.

3 comments:

Laura said...

You look awesome! They are precious...can't wait to see them again soon!

The Bottoms Family said...

love the new pics of the coats family! so sweet! i can't believe how much they have grown. i show their pictures at work, while i'm stalking your blog!!

Mandi said...

sara you look sooo pretty! motherhood looks good one you =) and i can't say enough how PROUD i am of you breastfeeding twins! it truly amazes me.