Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Guess who got 3 1/2 hours of sleep... IN A ROW!

Me!

Here is a run down of how the night went...

10:30 - Midnight:
Fed the boys and got them to sleep in their crib, set out two bottles of breast milk that I had pumped earlier in the day.

Midnight - 3:30 am:
I slept 3 and a half glorious hours!

3:30 - 5:00:
Some one woke up screaming (I can't remember who), grab him out of the crib as fast as possible so that he won't wake up his brother, stuff the 2 ounces of milk down him from a bottle, change his diaper now that he isn't starving and screaming, nurse for 20-30 minutes until he falls asleep, burp, lay him back in bed without waking him up, hope that the extra milk will keep him sleeping longer. Repeat.

5:00 - 6:30:
More sleep! Yea!

6:30 - 7:00:
Kyle wakes up earlier than I was hoping, nurse Kyle, replace Kase's passy because he is starting to fuss in bed, Kyle falls asleep after nursing for about 25 minutes, burp Kyle, put him in the swing so that I can be on passy patrol while feeding Kase, go get Kase but realize he is sleeping again, risk getting them off schedule as I decided to let Kase sleep while I get a few more winks.

7:00 - 8:15:
Even more sleep for me! This never happens! I do get up a couple times to put Kase's passy back in.

8:15 - 8:45:
Kase wakes me up crying in his crib, I take him out to the living room so that I have easy access to Kyle who is still in the swing, start to nurse Kase (who hasn't eaten in probably 4 hours and has a dirty diaper at least that old), Kyle (who ate less than two hours ago) starts screaming, more screaming, lay Kase on the activity mat, nurse Kyle

Somehow Kase was in a great mood even though he had a dirty diaper and had to wait for his demanding brother to finish eating. I was very surprised that I got this video of him kind of smiling while nursing Kyle.

video

No comments: