Thursday, December 4, 2008

34 Weeks

Today is a big day. 34 weeks is the point in a twin pregnancy that labor will not be stopped and chances are high that the babies would get to go home with us after being born.

Looks like I'm trying to carry a watermelon under there!


Here is what babycenter.com says this week...

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers — which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

I got my ring off last night. I keep my ring on 24/7 so I didn't notice the day that my fingers got too swollen to get it off. Its very bitter sweet. I needed to be able to get it off before the c-section, but I miss wearing it. I ate virtually no sodium yesterday so that the swelling would be at its least. Then I soaked my hand in ice water and used Windex to slip it off. It was not easy and it hurt like heck. How pitiful does my empty ring finger look?

Speaking of sodium? Are you aware that EVERYTHING has sodium in it? The Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich from Chick-Fil-A has 1,300 mg! I'm trying to only eat things that have 100 - 150 mg per serving. So my lunch yesterday.... A veggie Subway. Wheat bread, lettuce, bell pepper, onions, cucumber, pepper, oil and vinegar with apple slices and water. No meat, no cheese, no pickles, no olives, no mustard. I'm going to try and be super strict on myself from now until the end of this.

1 comment:

T. Hamden said...

Hey, when are you having the boys? Do you know yet!? I figured it'd be soon....hope all is going well!!!!