Friday, November 21, 2008

32 Weeks

From babycenter.com

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.

I'm a little late with this, but the pictures were actually taken on Thursday.
My friend, Sara, asked for a full body shot. I agreed because I think that the cropped shots throw the proportions of my belly and butt off. The Belly of Thunder kinda makes my butt look small and I assure you that is not the case!

You can see the outfits I'm able to wear these days are super exciting! Like how I razzle dazzled it up with a pink necklace?! So pregnant chic, I know! Its especially fashion forward when I take a few steps and my shirt begins to ride up so my belly hangs out the bottom!

And here is a picture of what Babycenter says fraternal twins look like at 32 weeks. Again, my trouble makers are not in this most desired position.

At our appointment on Wednesday we learned that Kyle is still breech with his butt down and his body and head stretched out up along my right side. Kase had been playing a trick on his ole' mama this past week and did a flip flop in me. All week long when I thought I had been patting his little bum, I was patting his head. I suppose he got tired of his face being smashed up against his brother's and went to look for some more room. Except, I don't think he found it because he is all folded up with his head on my left side and his feet up near his head.

At the ultrasound on Wednesday, we also learned that my cervix had not changed at all and is still closed and thick or however it is supposed to be. We saw and heard both heartbeats, but I've already forgotten the heart rates. The ultrasound tech said she coulde see hair on both of them. I had a feeling they would have hair. I was born with tons. She looked at or measured something and could tell that I had been good at keeping hydrated. And I do drink an insane amount of water. These days I'm also going through a gallon of milk in about 5 days or less. I think it is cool that your body starts to crave the things that you need.

Here is a picture that we got of Kyle. I was totally lazy and just took a picture of it instead of scanning it in, so the quality is not the best. But, really? How cute is he? Trying to stick his thumb in his mouth?


Kase was folded in half so there were too many appendages blocking his face to get a good picture. Maybe next week! Both little tikes will be measured again next week so we will have new estimated weights for both of them.

After the ultrasound, a nurse took my blood pressure. It was high so I had to sit down and breath deeply for a while. The second reading was better and after we got a good protein level report from my urine analysis, Dr. Moore let me go. I'm stopping by there this afternoon for another blood pressure check, just to be safe. Sadly, I think my blood pressure got a little too high from walking from the ultrasound room to the exam room and then to the vitals area.

That's probably a sign that I need to start taking it easy. But, that's not really my style. How are things supposed to get done correctly if I can't do them? Can we all say it together??? Control Freak! Yes, I know!

1 comment:

T. Hamden said...

I totally dig the drawring of what the boys should look like right now. But question: have you been keeping your special area perfectly coiffed as is represented in said picture? Please....do tell. Inquiring minds NEED to know ;) MUAHAHAHA!