Thursday, November 13, 2008

31 Weeks

from babycenter.com......

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

And here is a picture of the Belly of Thunder from this morning.

We had our weekly appointment with the doctor yesterday. I guess the office really does know what they are doing because we didn't get the entire big ultrasound. We did get to see both babies and got a good look at their little hearts beating away, but the ultrasound tech didn't take any new measurements to estimate their weight. She measured my cervix with the ultrasound and Dr. Moore said we will continue doing that until 34 weeks because this is the crucial time that we want to catch any preterm labor, which would result in the dreaded B word (rhymes with "fed best.") My blood pressure was good and actually the lowest that it has been. I gained another two pounds, but I don't even know the total anymore. I know its up there past 40, but really, what's the point anymore?

We didn't get any good pictures of the boys because their heads are just so close to each other. They are laying face to face. Kyle is still breech with his butt down and head on my right side. Kase is transverse and laying across the top half of my belly with his head on my right side also. Good news is that we can try again for pictures in a week! I love getting to see them every week now. One of the perks that comes along with having twins!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

is it just me or is your belly really small to be having twins? i'm pretty sure i had the belly of thunder and was only carrying one at a time! =)

keeping you & babies in our prayers by the way! not much longer...I hope everything continues to go smoothly!