Friday, November 7, 2008

30 Weeks (and 1 day)

from babycenter.com....

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

**Note** Kyle and Kase weighed 3lbs. 9 days ago at the last ultrasound. So ahead of the game! I'm such a proud mama!

Whoops! Thursday morning must have been a hectic one because I forgot to take a picture. And then I forgot all day long at work. Oh well! 30 weeks and one day will have to work!


That belly just looks huge to me. Jason calls it the "Belly of Thunder." I laugh! He also likes to turn the word belly into a verb and say things like "What are you doing in there? Bellying around?"

We had another doctor appointment on Wednesday. We didn't get an ultrasound this time, but Dr. Moore said everything was still going well. He checked my cervix and it was good. I try to make him tell me when we will have these babies, but he always skirts the issue. I know he can't really tell me, but it would be nice to have an answer. My goal is still to make it past 37 weeks, which is Christmas day. We are closing down at work for Christmas and New Year's so it will be nice to finish up everything at work and close out the year before the boys get here. That is my best case scenario.

We will go back next week for another appointment and every week until the end. At the end of the appointment he told us and wrote on my chart that he wants them to check my cervix with the ultrasound before the next appointment. They have done this before each time that I've had an ultrasound on the babies. I asked him if they would measure the boys again also. He said no, that is wasn't necessary to do it again yet. But, when the nurse was scheduling us for our next appointment she must not have been able to read everything that he wrote, because she scheduled us for the hour long (30 minutes a baby) ultrasound before the appointment with the doctor. I didn't say a word!

Just about every night I wake up at 1 am, 3 am, and 5am. Sometimes to go to the bathroom, sometimes to just roll over, and sometimes to go sleep in the recliner. The other night I was up at 5 and moving to the recliner in the living room. I was not the only one awake at that early hour. Kyle was on a rampage. He was moving around like crazy. Its like he was looking for a way out. After about 20 minutes he calmed down and we all went back to sleep for a while. I'm hoping that he doesn't always make 5 am his good morning time. I'm more of a 6:45 kind of girl!

No comments: