Thursday, October 30, 2008

29 Weeks

From babycenter.com...

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Jason and I went to another doctor appointment yesterday afternoon. We got another big ultrasound. Kyle (Baby A on the bottom) weighed 2 lbs. 15 oz. and had a heartrate of 141. Kase (Baby B on the top) weighed 3 lbs. and had a heart rate of 134. There is only a one ounce difference between them now. That is good news. The ultrasound also measured my cirvex. They never tell me that number, but she said it was good. My blood pressure was good and I only managed to gain two pounds! The grand total is 38 pounds now! Man!

Neither boy was very excited to have his picture taken. You could tell that both of their cheeks are getting cubbier! We got a few good 3-D shots of Kase, but it was difficult becuase he is curled up and facing my back. His little butt sticks out of my left side some of the time. I like to pat it! I've felt both boys have the hicups a coulple times this past week. They feel like regular kicks or movements, but will be rythmic.

While we were getting the ultrasound, Dr. Moore got called to the hospital for a delivery. And since everything was measuring good they said we could just come back in a week for a regular appointment. We will see the doctor every week from now on.

On Monday, Jason and I went to another childbirth class. This class went over what happens during a c-section so we had to pay very close attention. Jason learned that there will be a wall of curtain set up to block all of the action going on at my belly. The doctor will give Jason a chance to peek over and see each baby being pulled out. He is still deciding if he will look over or not. There is no way I could handle seeing that, but Jason brought up a very good point... When would he ever have the chance to see that again? So, he is still thinking about it and can make his final decision on the boy's birthday.

I am going to craft night with Jason's Aunt tonight. I'm bringing along the pieces of the bedding that I want to be embroidered with either names or monograms. I'm very exctied to be moving forward on this project. Once the bedding if finished, I think I will start to feel a little more ready for them to be here. I still have so much to clean and organize, but that will still be a nice feelling.

And for an update on my friend, Jenn's, twins born a few weeks ago... They are both home now, keeping up their temperatures and gaining weight. They saw the doctor yesterday and both got good reports. How sweet are they?

No comments: