Thursday, October 16, 2008

27 Weeks

From babycenter.com...

This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.We had another good appointment yesterday. I got another big ultrasound to check my cervix (good) and look in on the boys. Baby A has flipped around and is now breech (not a big deal because we are planning on a c-section). He is bottom down with his legs to my left side. During the ultrasound he pulled one of his legs up by his head to show off for us. He weighs 2 lbs. and 5 oz. Baby B is transverse with his head on my right side, close to his brother's, and his body going across me with his feet at my left side. He wanted to sleep on his belly during the ultrasound, and then when he did wake up Baby A kept getting in all his close ups! But, we got a few good profile 3-D shots. He weighs 2 lbs. and 12 oz. That is 5 lbs. and 1 oz. of baby in there! We could see that their little chubby cheeks are filling in. And both are most definitely still boys!

We will go back in two weeks to do all of this over again. They want to monitor their size to make sure there isn't more than a 25% difference between them. Yesterday the difference was 16%.

I gained 5 more pounds. Dr. Moore isn't freaking out so, I guess I won't! I passed my sugar test from last time, my blood pressure was okay, and he said my ankles are just going to swell with two babies pushing on the veins to my legs. I got an all around good report and was told to come back in two weeks. From the outside I am measuring 33 weeks pregnant, but that would be if there were only one baby.

Here is a picture from last weekend in Lubbock. The game was so exciting, but Nebraska lost in overtime. We still had a great time though. This is from Sunday morning in the hotel parking lot before the 6 hour ride home. We are all looking a little rough. And I'm not sure why Jason is wearing a blanket!


And probably the most exciting news... We have decided on names for the boys. No more Baby A and Baby B. For some reason it was hard for me to say "OK, this is it" and make the final decision, but we really stopped looking for other possibilities weeks ago.

Baby A is Kyle Randall Coats. Yes, Kyle after Kyle Field in College Station, home of the Fightin' Texas Aggies (excepts there hasn't been much of a fight lately). Jason is genuinely concerned that Baby B might be jealous once he finds out he is not named after something Texas A&M. So years from now please try to console Baby B! And Randall is my Dad's name. I hope Kyle has my Dad's extreme work ethic and his desire to always do things the correct way (but not his communication skills! hehe!)

Baby B is Kase Warden Coats. After we found out we were having boys and our list of possible names went blank, my friend Lara texted me "What about Case?" I liked the name and decided to spell it with a K instead of a C so that both of their names start with the same letter. Warden comes from Wardenburg, the last name of my Grandpa (who had a twin brother) and therefore my Mom's maiden name. My Grandpa died last summer and we all miss him tons. He was very smart, loved his family, and could play a mean game of cards! I hope Kase has his intelligence and his generosity.

I always wondered how we would assign each name to each baby once we came up with them. I finally figured we would just do it alphabetically. But, one day I was trying to explain to Jason what I think their personalities are like based on when and how they kick and move around inside me. I was saying something about Baby B and accidentally called him Kase. So, I'm taking that as a sign that Baby B is supposed to be a Kase!

Are you tired of reading yet? Well, I'm tired of typing! And that is about all the news I have right now. We are going to College Station this weekend for a football game. Maybe I'll remember to take some pictures to post about next week!

No comments: