Thursday, October 9, 2008

26 Weeks

Well, I totally forgot it was Thursday until babycenter.com sent me my weekly e-mail update. Here is what they say...

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

Obviously, I forgot to take a picture this morning at home. So you get one from work instead.

Last night Jason and I met Deborah and John at the fair. John got us VIP treatment while there. We got to watch the bull riding from about 20 feet above the chutes. That is something I hope my boys never want to get in to. I was cringing while watching those skinny cowboys try to avoid being impaled or trampled. At least they can wear pads when they play football!

Things are still going well with me. My feet have not been swelling as bad (I've really been watching what I eat) and the heartburn hasn't shown its ugly head in a while either. I can tell the uncomfortable stage is starting to set in. If I stand for too long, my back and belly start to hurt. When I sit all day at work I feel like I am crushing the babies inside of me. It feels better to sit straight up and sit way back in my chair. Only problem with that is I can't reach the keyboard on my desk very easily.

This weekend we are meeting my Aunt Brenda and Uncle Jeff in Lubbock for a Nebraska football game. They usually drive south from Nebraska once a year and meet us at a game. I'm looking forward to the game and all the fun that we have being together, but that drive is gonna be a long one!

Next appointment is Wednesday... less than a week away. And it should be an informative one! I should have new estimated weights for the boys.

No comments: