Monday, September 8, 2008

The First of Many Shopping Trips

On Saturday, I went with my Mom and Beth to Austin to start shopping for the boys. We were at Babies R Us not long after they opened at 9:30. After literally hours of walking around and even visiting another baby store for more options, I picked out cribs and a dresser.

The cribs can convert to a toddler bed and then a full size bed as the boys grow. I thought that was pretty handy!

We are going to attach a changing pad to the top of the dresser so that it functions as a changing table also. The dresses is pretty tall so this plan really only works for people who are at least six feet tall. Lucky for us, we are!

I decided that I want maroon and khaki bedding to help pull off a "Texas A&M" theme with out going over the top with it. In my head, the bedding will be a mix of maroon and khaki prints, like stripes, polka dots, gingham. I found a few options that will work, but my plan is to try and find some fabrics and hopefully have the bedding made. And if I'm able to go that route, also have the boy's monograms embroidered on the bedding. That is if we can come up with names! We have a short list of possibilities right now that we are trying to add other options to. Hopefully we will have a big reveal someday soon!

Funny story from Babies R Us... After about 2 hours of scoping out baby gear Beth announced that she had had enough and started throwing sweet little items into the shopping cart. She had waited long enough and was ready to start purchasing! Makes me laugh!

Reminds me of my friend, Deborah. Every time she sees me she hands over a huge gift bag with diapers, lotion, cute clothes, etc. Target managers must start jumping for joy when they see her walk in the store.

I'm so grateful that our friends and family are as excited as we are to meet Baby A and Baby B. Jason and I have such wonderful family and friends, and I can't wait for the boys to grow up surrounded by their love and friendship.

No comments: