Thursday, September 25, 2008

24 Weeks

Here is what babycenter.com says is going on this week...

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long, he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

I have a feeling that mine are well over a pound (since they weighed a pound each at 20 weeks) and probably more than a foot long as well.

And here is the dreaded picture. I almost forgot to take it again this morning. I'm wearing my work clothes instead of PJs.

I'm almost afraid to type this, but I don't remember having heartburn the past couple of days. I know its been a while since I've taken a Rolaid or Tums.

But, swollen feet have replaced the heartburn. It's pretty much an all day thing, but they are the worst at the end of the day. I try to sit with my feet elevated when I get home and that seems to help. And for some reason my left foot is always bigger than the right one.

There is not too much else going on. Jason and I are close to deciding on names. We'll have a big reveal soon. Our next appointment is Wednesday. I'm hoping we get to see the little cuties again.

No comments: