Thursday, August 28, 2008

20 Weeks


Here is the 20 week picture. Jason had to go into work early this morning so I had to take it myself. There is really no hiding the bump now. At home I just let it hang out. I'll walk by Jason and he will touch it and kinda snicker. Its cute!

There wasn't a 19 week picture because we were driving back from Nebraska. I thought it would be funny to take the picture with a field of corn in the background, but we never got around to it.

Speaking of corn... (you don't here that phrase everyday)... Nebraska is known for its corn and at two different meals, while in Nebraska, fresh corn on the cob was served. Both times before we started eating, my Dad said "Girls, you've never had sweet corn like this before." Like we had never been to Nebraska or tasted its delicious corn! I think he's proud of his roots!

The trip to Nebraska was a good one. My mom was on top of making us stop every two hours while driving so that I could get out and walk around. This made for a longer trip, but it was nice to be able to stretch our legs.

I love it at my grandma's house because there are always cousins, aunts and uncles coming and going. Its very laid back and relaxed. One day I didn't even take a shower, and I am totally okay with that! And the food! Oh my goodness, the food! My grandma and Aunt Sheila never stopped cooking for us. It was all so good. I'll never forget Jason's face when I told him that fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy were on the menu! MMmmm! I'm getting hungry!

We also drove up to the farm that my Dad grew up on. My horse whisperer sister, Megan, wanted to walk out to the pasture to pet the horses. Jenny and I were scared at first because some of the horses were giant. But, they were all nice. And there was a miniature donkey that Jason became friends with. He named him Jake. I'll have to get pictures from my sister to post.

No comments: