Friday, July 25, 2008

I knew this would happen...

I knew I would be a terrible blogger. I suppose all I can do is ask for forgiveness and try to keep up in the future.

Our second Dr. appointment was July 7th. It was pretty uneventful. It took FOREVER for those 4 weeks to pass between the first and second appointments, and once we were there it was over in literally 15 minutes. We did get to see both babies again and their heartbeats. But, I forgot to ask for more pictures. The only question I remembered to ask was about my heart. Sometimes in the middle of the day and when I'm laying in bed about to fall asleep I can feel my heart stop and skip a beat.

I first told my sister (the almost Physician Assistant) about it. She is just so handy to have around. She explained that when you are pregnant the amount of blood in your body will double. I had heard/read about that. Well, she also told me that the number of red blood cells in your blood increases, but does not double. So the blood has less red blood cells in it per ounce or liter or what ever unit you wish to measure with. The very intelligent heart can somehow detect this and for some reason compensates by skipping a beat sometimes. Jenny, please correct me if I got any of that wrong. So really, its no big deal. I told Dr. Moore about it and he said it wasn't a problem and that my iron levels were fine.

Next appointment is Aug 4th. I'll be 16 weeks and 4 days.

No comments: