Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Guess who hasn't smoked in 10 days!??!!

That's right, my husband!


I am very proud of him for that. I've never been a smoker so I have no idea how hard it is to quit, but I'm thinking its borderline difficult!

I can remember one of the first times Jason and I planned to show up at the same establishment (pre-actual dating stage). We talked about his smoking and how he should quit to become more healthy. At this point, he totally agreed with me. Wonder why!?! I, of course, had the rule that I could only date non-smokers, but I just kept looking past it. Wonder why!?!

He has tried to quit before and Lord knows I've begged (not nagged) him to, but his past attempts have failed. His success so far may have a little something to do with a certain two blobs that I know. If they get better results that I have, then great! Makes me wonder what other things they will talk their Dad into one day!
Now, it hasn't been all ice cream and butterflies! Day 2 resulted in abandoning Jeff at the golf course after 3 holes. It must have been quite the scene, because Jeff called the next day to make sure he was okay! And after a few Friday Night Dinner drinks with my parents he was less than pleasant to be around.

But, so far, so good. And I am so very proud of him!

2 comments:

JenHowePeel said...

Meltdowns are the coolest! ;)

Anonymous said...

Before a meltdown took hold, but he was definitely getting antsy...

Lara: Jason, you don't need a cigarette....you're better than that...you're above it!

(long pause)

Jason (with that same sly grin in that pic): No...I'm really not.

*But he didn't have one! ;)